Monday, April 16, 2012

7 Nights in Hong Kong

Dear All,





I arrive in Hong Kong 14 Mar (pm) for a week with my 18 yr old son. I have enjoyed reading many of the comments given on the forum.





I would be grateful if any you could suggest 3/4 things to do (not to be missed) whilst we%26#39;re there.





Thank you





cazenove_uk



7 Nights in Hong Kong


1. A visit to the Peak



2. The Star Ferry Ride



3. The Century-Old Island Tram Ride from 1 End to the other



4. Strolling around different districts like Tsim Sha Tsui, Mongkok, Central, etc.



7 Nights in Hong Kong


Pretty much what green said. Don%26#39;t just go to the modern sites of TST, MK, or Central. Go to Central and look at the older buildings to get a sense of what Hong Kong was back then. The ferry price has gone up but still dirt cheap to travel. Take the ferry ride from TST to Central at night when the daily laser light show commences. It is a beautiful landscape that truly makes Hong Kong standout. Try to eat stinky Tofu in Mongkok. It%26#39;s at the end of Sai Yeung Choi street. You can%26#39;t miss it. Just keep sniffing and you will smell the stink. Once it is in your mouth you will love it. Remember to add some sweet sauce along with hot sauce.




Thanks for the suggestions, they%26#39;re really helpful. I was last in Hong Kong in 1983... and so I imagine much has changed. This is a first for my son and he%26#39;s really looking forward to it.





Thanks again





cazenove_uk




Something of a nightime not to miss is a trip to Happy Valley Races, for an evening meeting on a Wednesday





The atmosphere is something amazing, and when I visit again is top of my list to do again

No comments:

Post a Comment