Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Diamond Rings

My wife and I are having two nights in Hong Kong on our way Sydeny.

As it will be our 31st wedding anniversary when we are there I would love to be able to buy her a 1 carat platinum solitaire diamond ring.

Does anyone know of any good jewellery shops that are reasonably priced?

Regards

Diamond Rings

Do a search in here, I recall a number of posts and recommendations that were posted in here.

However, there are SO many styles here. There are many kinds of designs even for a 1 carat solitaire.

I would go visit the reputable chain stores first to get a good idea of the prices and styles.

Chow Sang Sang, Chow Tai Fook, Luk Fook, TSL, higher end, King Fook.

Congratulations, and what a lucky woman your wife is!

Diamond Rings

Cheers

I think that I am the lucky one.

Regards


Awwww.... (sweet!)


I will be in Hong Kong next week looking for a good deal on 2 diamonds tcw 1.5 for earrings. Also wondering if anyone would recommend a jeweler.

Thanks


Hi, We just got back from Hong Kong and used Marianes Jewelery shop. I bought my husband a new wedding ring after he welded his old one to the workbench( don%26#39;t ask!) I also got two celebration diamond rings. The wedding ring is 18 carat gold with an inner band that spins around of white gold with diamonds inserted. My rings are 18 carat gold with diamonds. We are really happy with our purchases and Mariane is a lovely lady, she is so helpful. Marianes is at 21 F Hankow Rd Tsimshatsui, Kowloon Hong Kong. Tel (852) 2376152 Mon-Sat 10am -8pm Sun 10am- 6pm

I still have to post my photos on TA sometime this week, so I will include pictures of the jewelery.

Cheers, Sue


Thanks for the recommendation Did you see loose stones for sale in her shop as well?


Hi John, No I wasn%26#39;t looking though. However I did meet a lady in the shop who lives in Hong Kong and she has Mariane make her jewelery for her, she had on a cartier diamond bracelet in the shape of a wrap around snake with a leapoard head with green gems as eyes. She told us Mariane made it for her and it was stunning, she said Mariane can make any design you want, so she must have access to loose stones. Sue


Marianne is well known among the expat crowd throughout Asia. She%26#39;s a little too pushy for me but the quality and price of her jewelry is good.

Last time I went to Hong Kong I bought some man-made diamond jewelry from Desert Diamonds out in Stanley market. They are one of several man-made diamond shops in Hong Kong. Not the same thing but they do sparkle nicely and you can%26#39;t beat the price. Though when I wore them in Marianne%26#39;s shop she recognized the setting and was quite rude to me about it - ';don%26#39;t come in here if you can%26#39;t afford the real thing'; type attitude. Lost a potential sale by her attitude!!


Many thanks to all who took the time to respond to my initial psot.

Regards

John


Hi we brought my engagment ring when we were in Hong Kong in Febuary this year.We got it from chai tai fook.I think that is how you spell it.There is one in time square.Took us a while to find as times square is huge but it down below groung level there.They have some lovely rings.I was very pleased I can%26#39;t stop looking at it.Was a little nervous when they swiped my partners card twice plus they go out the back the second time.My partner did question them at the time but this happened in most places.but rest assured only one payment came out.Have a look there even if you decicde not to buy there.

  • How does quilt wizard work
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment