Monday, April 16, 2012

Fly through Seoul or Beijing or Train to Tianjin

Hi,





I am going to Tianjin end of March...it%26#39;s for work so as long as there is not a huge increase between options cost has already been considered. I would like to find the best route to Tianjin.





Newark to Beijing and then high speed train to Tianjin (based on the posts I assume about an hour to get to Beijing South Rail station)



OR



Go through Beijing or Seoul to connect to Tianjin. My only concern about connecting flights is it seems that because of the time change there is no way to avoid the long lay over!!





Thanks in advance for the help!



Fly through Seoul or Beijing or Train to Tianjin


';Best'; is subjective. If you%26#39;re looking for the most direct method to Tianjin after flying to Beijing, there%26#39;s a direct airport shuttle to downtown Tianjin which would take a little under 3 hours, I believe. That would be simpler, but not as cool as the new C trains.



Fly through Seoul or Beijing or Train to Tianjin


Thanks for your help. Yes, ';best'; is subjective. I am looking for a clean, convenient way to connect to Tianjin. We will be in Business attire so a bus doesn%26#39;t seem like the best option.





It sounds like a connecting flight would be the easiest but could take longer due to connections.





Am I correct to assume about an hour to get to the Beijing South Rail station if we do end up using the Ctrain?




No flights for Beijing -- Tianjin as the 2 cities are too near each other!



I don%26#39;t see the problem of taking the direct airport shuttle from Beijing airport to Tianjin, it%26#39;s not so ';low-class'; that you%26#39;d soil your business attire. It%26#39;s clean AND convenient.



It would take an hour or slightly more to get to Beijing South train station.




I too will be traveling fron Beijing to Tianjin in the next couple months. I would like to take the high speed train because its among the fastest in the world and I would like to experience that.





My question is: How easy is it to buy tickets for this trip at the Beijing train station? Should I try and buy them in advance online because they sell out, or should I just buy them at the train station? Do the automated kiosks have an English option?





Thanks!




I hardly think that you%26#39;d need to buy in advance as there%26#39;re plenty of departures throughout the day. Just get there and buy on the spot.




Thanks....do you know if the ticket kiosks at the train station have an English option?




I have no idea. If I knew I would%26#39;ve answered that question already.




Well I am opening that question up to anyone on Tripadvisor of course as it is pretty important to my travel plans. :) Does anyone know if the Beijing South Train Station has an English option on their ticket kiosks?




BTW, I%26#39;m sorry if I sounded snappy in my last reply, I didn%26#39;t mean to be. Trying to plan a weekend trip for almost 30 people, with only 3 days to get all the arrangements done, and with almost everyone complaining that the trip is too expensive for their taste (even when we%26#39;re getting them twins with ensuite for only 130 RMB each room...!) isn%26#39;t putting me in very good humour at the moment.




Hello there,





I will arrive and depart at Tianjin airport.





How convenient is it to go the train station from the airport? I would like to take the train to Beijing, and vice versa?





If I am considering Xian as part of my 8 day trip, should I depart straight from Tianjin?



i.e. Tianjin - Xian - Beijing - Tianjin





or, will it be better if Xian is combined with other cities for another trip? I think Xian is rather far.





I welcome your suggestions as to other cities to be included in my 8 day trip.





Thank you!





Tricia











No comments:

Post a Comment