Friday, April 13, 2012

immunizations

Should we be concerned about getting vaccinations before coming to Hong Kong.



immunizations


No such concern





immunizations


The advice in the UK when I travelled to Hong Kong 2 years ago was that I should get (which I duly did) the 3 in 1 tetanus, polio %26amp; Diptheria jab. Hepatitis A injection, and the Typhoid jab





If its advice, then its upto you whether you take the advice given. In my case, I chose to take it




No official requirement. It%26#39;s a personal decision. You should consult your doctor for professional advice.





I personally would recommend both Hep A and B and they now have a ';combo'; vaccine - Twinrix - for both Hep A and B in one shot.





Further info at www.twinrix.com - a GSK product.




See what your own government says:



鈥dc.gov/travel/destinationHongKongSAR.aspx




HK is generally clean and safe so there is nothing to worry about. My only caution is you should not eat street food. Locals eat the fishballs and beef organs, etc that have been sitting in boiling stock for hours. If you feel your stomach might be sensitive, avoid them.

No comments:

Post a Comment