Wednesday, April 18, 2012

China-Beijing Itinerary Suggestions-Single Woman, 10 days

Hello all,

I am looking for itinerary suggestions. I would like to travel to China, fly into Beijing, see the city but also spend time outside Beijing. Does anyone have suggestions for other cities, villages, side trips to take that fit into a 10 day schedule and still allow me to see Beijing? Will be travelling in late October as a single female traveller.

Thanks!

China-Beijing Itinerary Suggestions-Single Woman, 10 days

Have you done any reading up already?

Xi%26#39;an and Shanghai are the destinations most commonly combined with Beijing for a 10-day trip. That doesn%26#39;t necessarily mean that those would be the best choices for you.

What are your own basic sightseeing interests and preferences?

Do you have any daily budget to keep to? Exclude the cost of international flights, please.

Are you able to fly open-jaw, or must you also exit via Beijing?

I presume you%26#39;re on your 1st trip here and have no knowledge of Chinese, please clarify if otherwise.

China-Beijing Itinerary Suggestions-Single Woman, 10 days

Probably 4 days in Beijing, 3 days in Shanghai and 2 days some other place which depends on your interest. Read this forum and buy a travel book about China, then you can ask more specific questions.


Hi Ellyse,

Thanks for your reply.

It is easier for me to exit via Beijing as well, but I can make other arrangements if there was a good reason to. re: budget I am flexible; I%26#39;m not on a tight busget but at the same time am not on an extravagant budget.

Generally I suppose I would say I want to do something off the beaten path, not just follow all the tourists from one ';top 10'; site to another. Is there anything I need to be concerned about travelling alone?

Thanks again.


China is pretty good for solo travel. Getting off the beaten path in 10 days with Beijing is a little tough.

You could do Beijing-Pingyao-Xi%26#39;an, which would get you into a smaller town.

Another option would be to split the time between Beijing and Guilin Yangshuo, but that requires two long flights.


Thanks, good idea%26#39;s. Appreciate the starting points before I do my research...so much to digest!


I don%26#39;t feel that there%26#39;re any notable issues with security, but I%26#39;m not sure how intrepid you are with communication in a country where you don%26#39;t speak the lingua franca.

For October, I would highly recommend Jiuzhaigou for its stunning autumn colours. Not to mention that the area badly needs tourism revenue to keep its inhabitants going, after the province had been hit by the earthquake last year.

You could probably try flying there via Chengdu, which%26#39;s a good destination to include as well. That would more or less fill up your 10 days.

  • conditions and marriage
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment