Monday, April 16, 2012

Gifts to bring

Hi,

I%26#39;ll be visiting Guangzhou and Kaiping next week and I really would like to bring some small gifts from Canada for my cousins (whom I%26#39;ve not met). Could you suggest some things for a 10 year old girl as well?

Thanks for your help!

Gifts to bring

Candy (maple syrup flavour); tokens from your local sports team - a scarf in the team colours? Picture calendar? I always thinks gifts are a token, no more. Can you get a doll in Mountie Uniform for the little girl?

Gifts to bring

Zhuhai2007, thanks for the great ideas! I really like the calendar one, and will definitely try to find a couple before I leave. The doll may be harder to find, but will keep it in mind for the next trip! :)

Sounds like such a silly question, but I%26#39;ve been swamped with researching for my trip as well as everyday family duties, that I can%26#39;t even think straight! Thanks again!


Here is a tip:

If the recipient has a family, do not forget to include them in the gift exchange. A patriarch would be much happier to receive several gifts for his children rather than items for himself. This is a situation where I think the “no made in China” rule is especially inapplicable, as there are several great gifts (Lego, Playdough, etc.) that may be made in China but are still hard to come by in China.

For more tips of giving gifts, you many take a look of my blog:

China Travel Tips: The Art of Giving Gifts in China

…yoyoor.com/yoyoor/…china_travel_tips_the_art


Hi Teresay,

Thank you for the tips on your link. I did not realize that Legos and playdoh are hard to come by in China. I may bring a couple of containers of playdoh ';just in case';!

Would calendars be a bad idea as well? I thought one with scenes from Canada would be nice, but now I%26#39;m wondering if it would also be linked to clocks/time.


No, I think calendars would be fine.


Lego is expensive in China


Friend of mine in GZ just had a baby and I was stumped what to purchase as a gift which wasn%26#39;t made in China. Then I saw a special gift pack of uncirculated Australian coins. As the years go on if this child wants to start a coin collection he is already started. Maybe in Canada they have a range of uncirculated coins.

  • www.myspaces
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment