Friday, April 13, 2012

One Daytrip to both Xitang and Suzhou- is this possible?

Hi Guys!





I have only three full days in Shanghai. I%26#39;m thinking about doing one daytrip to cover both Xitang and Suzhou. (This way I can have two full days in Shanghai.) Is this doable? Any suggestions on an itinerary- morning in Xitang, then afternoon in Suzhou?





The other option is to do two daytrips- one each for Suzhou and one for Xitang. Just afraid that one day in Shanghai is not enough... Maybe I can catch up on Shanghai city sightseeing upon returning from my daytrips (which is from around 5-6pm, I guess...)





Is this even worthwhile? Is doing Xitang and Suzhou redundant? It%26#39;s because I seem to have totally scrapped the idea of going to Hangzhou (and decided to see two canal towns.)





When I sightsee, I like architecture, charming towns and day-to-day local experiences and nuances over nature stuff- I guess, that%26#39;s why I didn%26#39;t put Hangzhou high on my very short list for this very short vacation!





Please help!



One Daytrip to both Xitang and Suzhou- is this possible?


I wouldn%26#39;t dream of doing those 2 in a day. They%26#39;re opposite directions from Shanghai, please!



For your requirements I%26#39;d pick Xitang. Suzhou is too urbanised by now.



One Daytrip to both Xitang and Suzhou- is this possible?


I guess, a single daytrip sounds impossible... even with a private cab.





I%26#39;m thinking now, just go to Xitang on a private taxi early afternoon and return to Shanghai by late night. Heard the night river scene is quite beautiful.





Then, go to Suzhou early morning next day via train an return to Shanghai mid-afternoon.





Can anyone help me with private car info for that Xitang afternoon until evening excursion?




you could contact http://www.sh-rentcar.com/ email in English is OK and let them know the time, where, requirements, you could get your quotation for your Xitang tour.





BTW I suggest you to get 50RMB entrance ticket instead of 100RMB. 100RMB is the ticket which you could access to most sights there, but almost all the different kind of museums %26amp; exhibitions, plus around 2-3 temples. I suggest you could buy 50RMB ticket then pick up want you want to pay extra. ( and you won%26#39;t have enough time to do all the museum since you just have half day). BTW I recommend one is called Shui Yang Lou 锛堟按闃虫ゼ锛墂hich is a private house for a family but open to the public (charge you 5RMB/person, and it%26#39;s not in the sites of 100RMB ticket)





it will take you 1.5 hours to get to Xitang, then 2 -2.5 hours to get back ( terrible traffic around 5-7pm)


  • makeup beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment