Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shuttle Bus to Zhongshan Ling, Ming Xiao Ling & Linggu Si

Hi there,





According to some of the travel books which I have researched, there is a shuttle bus going to Zhongshan Ling, Ming Xiao Ling %26amp; Linggu Si.





1) Does anyone know where I can take this shuttle bus?





2) What is the shuttle bus number?





3) Is there a day ticket for this shuttle bus? Or each time I alight at a site and if I intend to take the same shuttle bus to another site, I would need to pay again?





4) What is the ticket price for the combination ticket to these 3 sites? 1 guidebook mentioned 楼80, another mentioned 楼130.





Any other advice would be great!





voxz



Shuttle Bus to Zhongshan Ling, Ming Xiao Ling %26amp; Linggu Si


Shuttle bus? More like, normal public buses? There%26#39;s a ';sightseeing'; bus line IIRC, but it%26#39;s actually just a normal public bus anyway.



1) and 2) So which bus do you mean?



3) No, I don%26#39;t think so. I think it works the same way as a public bus.



4) It was 80 RMB a few years ago, I think that was 2005! In 2008 I think the ticket price for all 3 combined is 140 RMB, I%26#39;m not sure if it%26#39;ll go up again this year.



Shuttle Bus to Zhongshan Ling, Ming Xiao Ling %26amp; Linggu Si


Hi Ellyse,





Thank you for responding.





1) Could you tell me the public bus number that goes to Zhongshan Ling, Ming Xiao Ling %26amp; Linggu Si? Where can I take this bus from?





2) I am a budget traveller who usually stay in hostels %26amp; have shortlisted 2 hostels - Sunflower International Youth Hostel %26amp; Nanjing Jasmine International Youth Hostel. Which one do you recommend in terms of location? Or any other hostels?





Thank you in advance!





voxz




Oi, I hope you realise that you cannot expect me to list down all the bus stops on whichever bus routes for you?! How would you feel if I asked you ';where can I catch a bus to Orchard Road';? There must be at least 10-20 buses going there! Thankfully there aren%26#39;t that many going to Sun Yat-Sen Mausoleum.



Sightseeing bus 1 (娓?) goes from Nanjing main train station. It stops at various points along Zhongyang Lu, between Nanjing main train station and the Drum Tower. There%26#39;s also a stop outside Presidential Palace. I think it passes by Ming Hongwu Mausoleum but doesn%26#39;t really stop at its main gate, but a bit further away.



Sightseeing bus 2 (娓?) goes from Yu Hua Tai in the south of the city. You could also catch it on Zhonghua Lu, near Zhan Garden (aka Museum of Taiping Heavenly Kingdom) which%26#39;s near Sanshan Jie metro stop. There%26#39;s also a stop near Presidential Palace, but NOT the same stop that sightseeing bus 1 stops at. This one stops closer to Ming Hongwu Mausoleum, stops at Sun Yat-Sen Mausoleum, and will terminate at Linggu Temple.



Sightseeing bus 3 (娓?) will also stop at all 3 Zijinshan sights, but the stops in town aren%26#39;t really convenient so stick to the other two. In fact this is the only one out of the 3 which will stop right in front of Ming Hongwu Mausoleum.



Out of those two hostels I would prefer the location of the Sunflower.




In case it wasn%26#39;t sparkling clear... all 3 of those buses go to Sun Yat-Sen%26#39;s Mausoleum.

No comments:

Post a Comment