Monday, April 16, 2012

Traveling to China with Medication

I am traveling to china with a long list of medications i%26#39;m doing a big world trip and china is my second stop so I will have 6 months supply of personal drugs on me. I am having trouble working out how to get permission for the medications. the embassy told me to contact china customs but the website is in chinese and i can%26#39;t read it? Has anyone done this before?? how do I go about it?





thanks in advance





Peter



Traveling to China with Medication


I would suggest you carry a copy of the prescription or a letter from your doctor.



Traveling to China with Medication


Yeh i%26#39;ll have both of those is that all you think?




A letter from the doctor, keep the meds in the original containers.





Ideally, get the doctors letter to be notarized, or at least have the doctors office us any stamps they have on the letter--that makes it look more %26#39;official%26#39;.





You will be fine. Chinese customs rarely checks anything at all, and if they do show them the letter.





Last resort, be polite and stick it out. They%26#39;ll eventually decide it is legitimate and let you be on your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment