Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What to Pack for April Trip

Heading to Hong Kong for the first time in early April. I%26#39;ve been reading the forums trying to figure out what to pack. I%26#39;m essentially and shorts and jeans type of person and don%26#39;t expect to go anywhere formal that requires ';dressier'; clothes.





So, are packing shorts, t-shirts, and jeans and some nicer shirts for the evenings appropriate for a trip in early April? I figure for the evening, if I visit I nicer restaurant (not necessarily too upscale), nice jeans and a nice shirt would suffice?



What to Pack for April Trip


I would - to be on the safe side, pack neat slacks. I needed a tie in one. Very upmarket tho.



What to Pack for April Trip


in general, you would be fine.





Any shirt with collar, not necessarily a tie would allow you in. Jeans, well, not the ones with rips and really really baggy.....





You don%26#39;t sound like that person anyways... just a casual guy coming to see what HK is about.





April is very humid, indoors have strong air conditioning at times, so strong, since you are from N America, I would advise you to have a thin long sleeve to cover up indoors if you feel chilly.





I haven%26#39;t been to many restaurants where they insist a Tie, unless it is a special event.





Peninsula, Four Seasons, intercontinental, and some top italian restaurants, smart casual, no slippers, no shorts will get you in already.





I think a Jacket (suit like) will be more useful than a tie though. If you really want to bring something dressy.




Thanks Katetam and Guerilla Surgeon! I thought about bringing a nice jacket (suit-like jacket) to wear at night to wear with jeans if needed. Sometimes I%26#39;ll wear a nice t-shirt underneath or Polo-type shirt and the jacket with jeans and that seems to work well in the nicer restaurants and bars. Speaking of which, the bars in the LKF area, in the evenings, do many people there wear jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment