Sunday, March 25, 2012

How crowded is subway?

People say the subway is crowded especially in the rush hour, but is that a light crowd, or so crowded you have to step on people to be able move on or off a train?





Also do we have to hold our camera bag in front of our chest at all times in case someone knives into it to steal our wallet, or am I just being paranoid?





We are from London %26amp; have no problems using the Tube there!



How crowded is subway?


Worldtraveller99





Have you never travelled on the london underground during rush hour? I can%26#39;t see it being worst than that... the question I want to ask is are the trains air conditioned (specially as I%26#39;m travelling in August).





And observe caution with your belongings and you%26#39;ll be fine. London isn%26#39;t that safe... I%26#39;ve seen kids on bikes snatching mobiles phones of people as they come out of stations. We just feel safer in London because we know the area.



How crowded is subway?


I think it can be much worse in Beijing then in London. I have seen busses so fully packed with people that you cannot squeeze in a small child anymore.





I guess this also is the case in the underground during rush hour.





As in any big city watch your belongings. But do not get paranoid about it. London is well known for its pick pockets gangs. So Beijing can only be better :-)




Very crowded. You might not need to step on anyone, but everyone elbows their way through, don%26#39;t feel shy to follow suit.



Bags and such should always be in front of you, but keep a hand on it and you might not always need to hold it in front of your chest!




Thank you all.





I have the idea that I will keep shouting ';excuse me'; in Mandarin while I push people out of the way. After all we must be bigger than most people?





Is this a good idea, and if so how do I pronounce ';excuse me'; in Mandarin please?




Beijingers aren%26#39;t really that small, not like people in the south.





You don%26#39;t really need to say %26#39;excuse me%26#39; when you push past people in China. People are used to it.




It is crowded but as you are from London you will not feel much difference. The trains are very frequent.



It is better to wear your backpack in front. I hate it when people have their backpack in the back and keep hitting other passengers without even realizing it.



And I think you are a little paranoid. It may happen but it may also happen elsewhere.




I would like to say excuse me anyway - if you can tell me the Mandarin for it please?





We are not carrying a huge backpack- I promise!




Trust me, NO ONE says ';excuse me'; here. There isn%26#39;t much of a common expression for that, even.




The closest thing to %26#39;excuse me%26#39; in mandarin as far as i know consists of 4 words. (No wonder it%26#39;s not much of a use LOL!)




Dui bu qi (excuse me) but don%26#39;t bother. On the contrary you will need to be rather aggressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment