Thursday, March 29, 2012

eating inside Lo wu

I have been to lo wu before but obvously only saw a very small part of it. We struggled to find any western food and yet reading on here, I gather that ther are lots of food outlets. can anyone tell me where they are please



eating inside Lo wu


By ';inside Lowu'; do you mean LuoHu Commercial Centre? (LuoHu is an entire suburb, which includes the Shangri-La Hotel just across the road from LCC.





Why would you want to eat western food in China? Last week I had really good Yum Cha at a place on the 4th floor called Lucky restaurant. They have girls in QiPao outside the lifts who will show you a picture menu.





Restaurants in LuoHu CC change hands often. There is one ';western'; restaurant but who wants poor western food?



eating inside Lo wu


Restaurants are at the end of the floors but not on every floor, I think mostly the top floor. I don%26#39;t think that the food there is very good. Plenty of choice outside.




the closest half decent place is the Shangri-la hotel, accessible by footbridge from the commercial city. Dirt cheap for a 4/5* hotel. There is also a free shuttle bus service. Personally I always go to



Inside the complex, ground floor at the north end, there is a HK-based fastfood place serving ';western'; food.




well, personally I go to Xin Du hotel a few blocks north.




I am really only interested in a place where we can get some food while in that mall there. Sounds like it is called the LCC??? The one next to the border/ Yes I ama ware of lots of places outside the mall but when the girls are out shopping, we dont wnat to leave the mall to eat. We are not against chinese food at all but one of us in the group has a real fear of anything foreign so I am trying to cater to everyones needs with my request.




As our friend Zhuhai says, the upper floor restaurants of the LuoHu Commercial Centre are the place to go. I%26#39;ve been to a couple of these, on I think the fourth and fifth floors. Fifth was better. Both have a great view of the open spaces of Hong Kong across the border.




great, thanks for the advice. I%26#39;ll definetly head up to the higher levels.




Hi there - just back from Shenzhen today.





Can highly recommend LAUREL - level 5. We ate there lunch daily but you will need to book or get there at 3pm-ish. EXCELLENT garlic broccoli, excellent seafood with mushrooms and peking duck. Hubby said Pork was excellent also. Service outstanding. Just make sure you get all the menu%26#39;s as the first one we received had astronomical prices then found other menus on tables which had much more reasonable prices. Laurel cannot be missed. Not all staff speak English but they try very hard and have some Eng speaking staff.





We also had breakfast and a lunch at TASTE level 4. When ordering steak, if you want medium - say well done. I ordered steak medium and got rare. Steak was EXCELLENT. Breakfast was pretty good too, just note that a cappucino/expresso is the same price as a breakfast meal. Service great. Club sandwhich is recommended. Most staff speak English so pretty easy to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment