Sunday, March 25, 2012

European chainstores price vs HK?

I live in Australia but will be in HK for 5 days in June.. en route to Europe where i was planning to stock up on (quality?) fashion clothes but not designer. eg H%26amp;M (we%26#39;ll mainly be in Scandinavia and it%26#39;s a Swedish store),GAP, MNG, Mango, Zara, Esprit and the like... just occurred to me that I will find all this and more in Hong Kong (since having 3 children in 5 yrs priorities have changed!)





Question: how do the prices of these fashion stores compare with the prices in Europe and UK? I roughly know the Swedish prices of H%26amp;M and guess I%26#39;ll just find everything so much cheaper than in Aus..but should I plan to shop a bit or wait until Europe?





Also a handbag: will I just see leather handbags everywhere/ in malls? I would like a really nice red or orange one but again not designer..





Our time will be limited as we will have the three little boys with us of course so is there one shopping centre where I%26#39;ll find everything? Are the prices much the same everywhere?





Thanks so much- this is a fanstastic forum!



European chainstores price vs HK?


Unlike luxury brand items (Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc) that are handmade in Europe, these mid-tier brands should be similar in prices. Most of their product are made in Southeast Asia anyway.





Other brands: Try Uniqlo (a Japanese brand), Giordano (local) and Cotton On. These stores offer basic clothing item at very competitive prices.





Shopping Centre: If you only have time to hit one, go to Harbour City/Canton Road area at Tsim Sha Tsui. Just about all the shops from budget to luxury are there. Prices are the same across the board as most of them are chain stores.





Granville Road/Cameron Road/Carnarvon Road: You may want to cross to the east side of Nathan Road for this area. I can still see some bargains here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment