Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trip Report - Feb 28th till March 9th

I just came back from my HK trip and had an enjoyable trip. Weather wise; cooling, misty, a bit of drizzling and only one day of heavy rain when I%26#39;m there.





I totally agreed with other forumers that HK is a safe place to walk around even at night. There are few times I got lost myself while trying to find the direction to certain tourist attractions or walking towards a tourist attraction, mid way branch out to other places, but, half of the fun is getting to see more while trying to find the right way out etc..;oD





While in HK, I stayed at Taisan Guest House, 2nd store at Granville Road. I would like to say big thank you to Greenarcher for the recommendation coz I am on a very tight budget. Location wise, it is perfect, about 10-15 minutes to Star Ferry, few minutes walk to the TST MTR, Exit B1, A21 stop to airport is right across the road i.e in front of Parklane Avenue shop lots





Below are the places I%26#39;ve visited:





a) Took a tram ride from Western Market to Sau Kei Wan



Able to see the different side of Hong Kong. Visited wet market at Sau Kei Wan, HK Museum of Coastal Defence, Tam Kung Temple and Tin Hau Temple. The trails around Museum of Coastal Defence is worth the walk, apart of some of the remains of the defence stuff, we can view the fishing harbour for the fishing market next to the museum and view of Lei Yue Mun and East of Kowloon





b) The Peak



Took bus 15 Central Ferry Piers 5 (Cheung Chau Pier) after 10am. The ride is very scenic. Also tried tram ride at night. Did a quick visit at the Peak Galleria, nothing much. The best is the walk of one of the trails around the Peak. I choose Lugard %26amp; Harlech road trail. Took me about an hour to finish the walk. I also wanted to visit the Pine tree trail but somehow missed the turning.





It is a great walk, great scenery but due to the weather, it is very misty. Came across people who jog around trail, taking dogs for a walk etc.





After that I also went to the Lions Pavilion for more HK view. Apparently there is another trail from there. I didn%26#39;t explore it coz it is quite late by the time I%26#39;m there. Does anyone know where that trail will led to?





c)Walked around Wan Chai, one of the walks recommended by the HK Tourism travel booklet



Missed the Blue House but saw old Wan Chai Post Office, Hung Shing Temple, walked past Ta Yuen Street Market, get a glimpse of Lockhard Road Bar Area, past HK Academy for Performing Arts, lastly came to HK Convention and Exhibition Cenre and Golden Bauhinia Square. Tiring but not a bad walk.





d)Kowloon Park Garden, Victoria Park and Shatin Park



Nice garden, landscape and flowers. I did not really walk around Victoria Park, just a little bit of outside the park





e) Che Kung Temple, Tsang Tai Uk and HK Heritage Museum



I liked the museum, one of the showcase is the details about chinese opera. There%26#39;s showcase of stuff used to perform an chinese opera.





As for Tsang Tai Uk, one of the historical houses left in New Territories. I%26#39;m the only visitor there who walked around the house.





f) Tai-O village in Lantau Island



This is my fav village. I%26#39;m there early in the morning, slight drizzle in the morning, therefore not many tourist. It is calm in the morning, hearing the birds sound and sea waves. I also walked till the end where there%26#39;s a temple facing the sea. The view is really nice even though it is misty.





g) Cheung Chau Island



This is a colorful fishing village island. When the ferry approach the island, you will see lots of coloful fishing boat with different sizes. The walking trail is also nice but I didn%26#39;t covered the whole trail due to tiredness





h) Sai Kung



Took bus 92 to Sai Kung. The ride is quite long, I think about 45 minutes or an hour, cannot remember. The bus station is right in front of the harbour. U will see lots of fisherman boat parked near the harbour, selling fresh or dried sea food products. There are many restaurants that serve fresh sea food near by.





i) Repulse Bay and Stanley



Took bus 6 to Stanley. The sea view is really superb especially after passing Repulse Bay. Since I am not really into shopping, so I only browsed through the market but it is very happening. Visited Murray House %26amp; Black Pier and I walked around the promenade. It is cooling when the wind is blowing.





Throughout the trip I also tried a number of nice foods such as claypot rice, tarts, che zai mee, %26#39;put zai kao%26#39;, %26#39;car guo%26#39;, roast pork, char siew, wanton mee, %26#39;por lor yau%26#39;, tim sum etc.





I also did some shopping around Causeway Bay, Mongkok and TST





Guess I have written a very long report...That is all for now..until next trip...



Trip Report - Feb 28th till March 9th


Thankyou for taking the time to write this Momow :-) it%26#39;s interesting to see a visitor%26#39;s impressions, and useful for others who are planning trips.



I%26#39;m glad you liked Tai O - it%26#39;s also one of my favorite places in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment