Thursday, March 29, 2012

mirador mansion hong kong -- help pls!

hi! does anyone know why mirador mansion is not a good place to stay in? im going to hk on sept and reserved a room in mirador hostel (located in mirador mansion). im really getting scared of all the bad reviews. can someone tell me if i should stay there or not? pls help!



mirador mansion hong kong -- help pls!


I don%26#39;t know what the reasons why you reserved a room there, but I assume it%26#39;s budget reasons. If that%26#39;s the case, then not much to say, if budget is not the number 1 reason, I would look elsewhere.





Here is an interesting read about it:





鈥ypepad.com/weblog/2005/08/one_room_5_guys.



html





It%26#39;s better than sleeping on the street I guess. If you are a guy, that would be better, if you are female, I would be worried.



mirador mansion hong kong -- help pls!


hi katetam! i read the link that you posted, and now i really am terrified of mirador mansions. i did reserve a private room but the building itself scares me. i chose it because it%26#39;s cheap and right off the mtr. thanks for your advice, at least what i read won%26#39;t happen to me...i want to stay in tsim sha tsui near the mtr. i have checked other cheap accomdations and found a few..can you tell me if these places are ok?





1. sealand (majestic house, nathan rd, tsim sha tsui)



http://www.sealandhouse.com.hk/





2. star guesthouse (cameron rd, tsim sha tsui)



http://www.starguesthouse.com.hk





3. stanford hillview hotel



(pretty far from the mtr station but cheap)





thanks again for your reply, really helped me made up my mind!






Mirador is listed as one of the licensed guesthouses for tourist. The following link provides a full list of licensed guesthouses in Hong Kong. Go to one designated for Tourist. Don%26#39;t go to one designated for Local and never go to one that is not on the licensed list. Licensed means the guesthouse has been inspected by the licensing authority and meets certain minimum safety and health standards.





www.hadla.gov.hk/english/guest/locat.htm




there are many services, restaurants, and hotels listed as ';tourist'; designated or recognized by tourism board/government.... it doesn%26#39;t mean it%26#39;s necessarily good. This is by experience for sure. I guess as a tourist, it%26#39;s one way of protecting oneself. However, Mirador Mansions is definitely NOT a place I would stay if I had a choice. The place itself/facility is not the problem, it%26#39;s the kind of people that hang around there, and the way it%26#39;s managed is the problem.





Standford Hillview is MUCH MUCH better choice. It%26#39;s a hotel, and it%26#39;s NOT far away from MTR at all ! It%26#39;s just 7 minutes at maximum away from MTR.





Go for it.




Thanks for the insight..I%26#39;ll probably go for Stanford. I really do want a place in Tsim Sha Tsui near the MTR. Again, thanks for your help!




Hi There, I%26#39;m not sure how old these posts are, but to anyone thinking of staying in Mirador Mansions.... ... DONT!!!!!! I did, BIG mistake. It is DISCUSTING. I was scared, the place is like a jail, a complete fire trap, and dodgy people are everywhere. My husband and I thought we%26#39;d save a few bucks and do one night on the cheap by staying there, those few bucks have scared me forever, I can still feel the sluminess of it. As soon as we were shown our room, (or tiled cupboard to be more accurate) we went out to the markets and bought cheap sheets to wrap ourselves like body armour in when entering the room, we kept the sheets around us at all times like a hazard suits so that we wouldnt touch anything in the room. If my foot flew out in the middle of the night, I freaked. The room is tiny, noisy, DIRTY, the shower is at the foot of the bed, over the toilet, everywhere is covered in grime, it really is discusting, no joke. I only stayed because I had the comfort of knowing my husband was there, and even then I was still freaked. We barracaded the door whilst trying to sleep (got no sleep at all, too freaked out) with suitcases and we set booby traps inside just in case. DO NOT STAY AT MIRADOR MANSIONS!!!!! Or any other cheap cheap budget hostel in hong kong, the standards are different to most places, they dont have any. Trust me, its frikkin scary, especially for females. If there was a fire or an attack or break in, you will be cornered, have nowhere to go, and noone will hear you scream.




HoplessRomantics





There most be 20 or more different hostels and guesthouses in Mirador Mansions. Rather than tarring them all with the same brush, please tell us the name of the one that you stayed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment