Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hong Kong - particular places to see

Hi everybody out there!



I%26#39;m going to H.K. for 4 days in March.



It%26#39;s my first time there and i%26#39;ll try to visit (some of) the most well known must-see spots the guidebooks mention.



But can somebody propose sth different/special/strange I can visit and photograph?



Preferably with easy access on public means of transport.



Could be a special project, or a comunity situation or... I can%26#39;t really tell what it could be, I%26#39;m mostly thinking about relating with people or nature.



I understand that it%26#39;s a kind of too wide a subject, but any ideas would be great!



Many thanks



Nikos



Hong Kong - particular places to see


Museum of Coastal Defence. Great views of city and what could be a fishing village, but probably ain%26#39;t. And nature too, hills sea ships. etc tec



Hong Kong - particular places to see


Go to a local fresh food market and see how people buy their produce. It%26#39;s a very unique experience and worth some pictures.





Many places around Central%26#39;s pedestrian escalator are a nice mix of old and new and should yield nice pictures.




Thanks guys, they look very interesting!



You know, I don%26#39;t have already in mind sth very spesific, so anything you suggest might be just perfect for me.



I%26#39;ll read a little and look on maps how they can fit in my time-place frame.



Anything more could be great, too, I%26#39;ll keep watching this thread if somebody would like to add more suggestions...




Hi Nikos,





Kowloon is great for shopping. Hong Kong island is beautiful for sightseeing. However, if you really want to observe how people live, why not take a train ride into New Territory. Basically, you can get off at any stop and walk around the neighbor.





I have taken the train to Shueng Shui, New Territory. It is the last or close to the last stop before the boarder to mainland China. This is not a tourist place but a place where people live their simple live. By the train station is a commerical area where people shop. Walk away from the train station and look for lanes that will lead you to villages. You will see narrow alley ways and interesting residential houses. The train ride is about an hour from downtown Kowloon.





I am sure there are many villages closer to Kowloon for Interesting pictures, but I don%26#39;t know them. I had gone to Shueng Shui and had taken pictures there before.





Enjoy photography. Have a fun time.





jwyc




Why don%26#39;t you try checking out the 10,000 Buddhas Monastery in Sha Tin in New Territories? Take the MTR out there to the Sha Tin station, and hike your way up the hill checking out all the buddhas in different poses and facial expressions. Went on my first trip to HK in January and went here; in my opinion it was definitely worth the hike up and I also now have great photos of the thousands of Buddhas I saw! There are several posts here that tell you exactly how to get there, just do a search. Have fun on your trip!




Hi





It was my first time in January, and apart from the obvious (the peak,markets) I would recommend visiting Lantau Island and eat where the locals eat, we were apprehensive at first, but the food was incredible and the tastes we encountered were unusual but really tasty.



Enjoy and try to visit the escalators where we seen HK in a different light.



Regards





Helen




all these will definately keep me busy for a few days!



many thanks guys




Consider visiting the easily accessible island of Cheung Chau. Colourful harbour, fascinating ancient narrow shopping streets, temples, pirates cave and outstanding scenery;





www.hongkongextras.com/cheung_chau.html

No comments:

Post a Comment