Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shanghai and Hangzhou Tailors and Cobblers

I am travelling to Shanghai and Hangzhou in April and I am looking to get some Shirts and Suits tailored, and shoes made, in the areas. Can anyone suggest the best places to get this done? What is the general consensus on quality of the products made there?



Cheers



Shanghai and Hangzhou Tailors and Cobblers


Head for the South Bund Fabric Market in Shanghai. Location is 399 Lujiabang Lu, corner of Nancang Jie.



Shanghai and Hangzhou Tailors and Cobblers


Thanks ellyse!



I%26#39;m looking for an upmarket tailor, would i be able to find one in the area you suggested?




I don%26#39;t make much in the way of shirts nor suits so I can%26#39;t compare.



Maoming Nanlu, to the south of the junction with Huaihai Zhonglu, has a number of upmarket tailors. However you%26#39;ll also be paying for the quality!




I was at the Liujibang Fabric Market this past January and ordered a dress from one of the ladies in there. I still have not received it. When I called for an update she still hadn%26#39;t made it. This is the last time I get something made in Shanghai. If you do get to Liujiang Market, say hello to stall #399 for me and remind her either she sends my dress or my money back or she%26#39;ll be seeing some of my friends.


  • body mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment