Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Longhua Martyr Cemetery

Hi there,

I am into Soviet-style statues and I understand there are some statues in Longhua Martyr Cemetery.

1) Is this place worth a visit?

2) How do I make my way there? Travel guides recommend taking the subway to Shanghai Stadium and then a taxi. Is there a bus which I can take directly?

Any advice would be great!

regards

voxz

Longhua Martyr Cemetery

1) Can%26#39;t comment as I%26#39;ve not been there before.

2) Where are you starting from? The nearest metro stop is line 3 Longcao Lu, then you still have a walk of about 10 mins.

Longhua Martyr Cemetery

I went on a guided tour of both the cemetery and the Longhua temple. The cemetery was very interesting - I think a good guide makes a difference too - mine was not a Chinese guide so I%26#39;m sure the tour had some non-sanctioned information. It%26#39;s like a big park with some buildings and statues and a museum.

If you go plan to see the temple next door too.


1) yes. Although the first time of visiting is organized by our school.

2) if you want to take bus, try 167 which has the terminal there, 167 has several stops on Huaihai Road. If you take taxi from subway station to cemetery, cost you around 11RMB.


better to let me know from where you start to travel to cemetery so that I could give you other choice or better way to the cemetery

  • migrating existing portal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment