Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kowloon or Causeway Bay?



Which is a better location? Any recommendations for hotels?



Kowloon or Causeway Bay?


Personally I prefer Causeway Bay, but thats simply cos I prefer to be on Honk Kong Island. I am sure other posters will differ.





Please let us know your length of stay and when you intend to be in HK. Moost importantly, let us have an idea of your budget, since it would be pointless to recommend the Peninsula if your budget will only stretch to a ChungKing Mansion hostel.



Kowloon or Causeway Bay?


I prefer CWB but it essentially doesn%26#39;t matter as the public transport is so good you can get anywhere pretty much in about 30 min. HK is very compact.




I prefer Causeway Bay. Its a personal decision. For me, its easier to go around the HK Island.. maybe because I am more used to that area. I personally think there are more shops around HK Island. But I do know that there are also a lot of shops in Kowloon Island. And as what previous repliers have said, their transportation system is very efficient and quite fast so going to and from HK and Kowloon area won%26#39;t be a problem :)




For a good mix of the new and old HK, i suggest staying in Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon.





I can%26#39;t think of any negative points on staying in either side but I always felt that TST is a good base for first time visitors.





Both districts are alive until past midnight.




I have been many times to Hong Kong and always stayed in Kowloon until last year when I decided to try Causeway Bay for a change. I felt it was more natural and local and not as touristy as Kowloon. You will enjoy either and transport is excellent. For a first time maybe Kowloon could be a good start but I don%26#39;t think you would be disappointed in Causeway Bay either.




had the same dilemma myself! always stayed at the tst area in kowloon, but next week, i%26#39;m staying at causeway bay for a change. i don%26#39;t think there%26#39;s any big difference since the mtr is so efficient and the cabs are plentiful.just pick the right hotels and you%26#39;re all set.





as for which hotels to recommend, maybe you should specify your budget first and breeze through the hotels portion here in trip advisor. when you%26#39;ve narrowed down your decision, ask again. :)





i usually feel safer with the international chains, but i%26#39;ve read good reviews about a few local hotels too.




Causeway Bay is an excellent place to stay for first time visitors. Try Lanson Place Hotel.




If your stay is relatively short, then TST would be my choice. However, if you have 4 days or more, CWB and the HK Island side have a better feel. Once you walk outside of CWB to Wan Chai, it has a more relaxing feel with less people.




You seem to be getting conflicting advice - I guess it%26#39;s down to personal preference. For me, Causeway Bay is preferable - I%26#39;m not so keen on the atmosphere on Kowloon side, with the constant hassle from guys wanting to sell you fake watches and suits. Causeway Bay and Wanchai are a bit more relaxed.




I think CWB is less crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment