Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Unit 731

Hi there,





I intend to visit Unit 731 in late October.





1) How do I make my way there from Daan Street, Daoli District by public transport as most travel guides recommend taking a cab?





2) If I have to take a cab from Daan Street, Daoli District, how much does it cost approximately %26amp; how long is the travel journey?





3) Is it open every day?





4) What time does it open? Tried googling it but unable to locate any official website.





voxz



Unit 731


1) No direct bus. Get any bus to Harbin train station then bus 343 and alight at Xinjiang Dajie (鏂扮枂澶ц).



2) It%26#39;s roughly 23 km each way. Negotiate for a price beforehand.



3) Yes, I think it%26#39;s open daily.



4) The official website is supposed to be http://www.731museum.cn but it doesn%26#39;t seem to be in operation. I think the opening hours are 0830--1100 and 1300--1600.



BTW, I have a little write-up about it on my VirtualTourist Harbin travel pages: members.virtualtourist.com/m/1d57/f8323/6/



Unit 731


Hi Ellyse,





Thank you for your reply.





How much does a taxi ride to Unit 731 approximately cost so that I can have a rough guide of the amount I should be paying as I do not want to be fleece by the taxi driver.





voxz




Negotiate for a round-trip plus waiting, as it could be close to impossible to get a taxi back from that dreary place.



Do read my VirtualTourist Harbin Warning/Danger travel page as well: members.virtualtourist.com/m/1d57/f8323/8/

No comments:

Post a Comment