Saturday, April 21, 2012

Calendar shopping

I will be in Hong Kong in a couple of weeks. I like to try and buy a calendar from each country that I visit. I was wondering if there will be any 2010 annual calendars on sale yet when I come over. Any ideas where I would be likely to buy one?

Calendar shopping

Most bookshops, try the one in times square. But it seems a bit early, someone will know.

Calendar shopping

See if you can find Chinese New Year wall calendars. They can get quite elaborate, bright red with lots of tassles, etc. Better yet, go to the HK Observatory or somewhere to find a Chinese lunar-solar calendar for the year. This year is 4708, thereabouts (Ox).


Thank you for your replies. I am more looking for a calendar that has pictures of views on each month as a reminder of Hong Kong.


Most bookshops and souvenir shops would have them. However, I am very sure it%26#39;s too early for 2010. They are probably still clearing the 2009 stock at this point.


Oh well, thanks anyway.


Try the bookshop at the Salisbury hotel, they always have calendars.


If you can find a 1999 calendar, it%26#39;ll be identical to 2010...except that it says 1999. Same goes for 1993, 1982, 1971, 1965, ...

It%26#39;ll be a bigger challenge to find the last Chinese lunar-solar calendar that will be identical, which was probably before color photos were available.

  • channel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment