Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shanghai and Xi AN - how much time for both?

I have a stopover in Shanghai in August 2009 as part of a larger around the world itinerary. For flight booking purposes, I need to figure out how many days to allow in Shanghai.





While in Shanghai I plan to do an excursion (by plane) to Xi An.





Yes, I realise it is subjective, but would appreciate advice on how many generally days are needed to see the ';top attractions'; of Shanghai and Xi An.





Thanks.



Shanghai and Xi AN - how much time for both?


Generally 2.5-3 days for Shanghai and 2-2.5 days for Xi%26#39;an.



Shanghai and Xi AN - how much time for both?


I think you should plan 3-4 days for Shanghai so that you can include a sidetrip to the classical gardens of Suzhou, a UNESCO World Hertitage Site (1 day of the 3-4 could be allocated for this side trip).





Here%26#39;s a link to our recent trip to Shanghai with photos etc:





鈥logspot.com/2009/03/shanghai-china-funding鈥?/a>





I believe Xi%26#39;an can be accomplished in 2 days, 3 at the most.





Good luck!




I would say 5-7 days in Shanghai if you can and at least 3 dyas (2 nights minimum) in Xian. Remember that you might be delayed with flights. You don%26#39;t want to allow too little time to see all there is to see in Xian.

No comments:

Post a Comment